- Your Indian freight and logistics partner
- Moving your project cargo in India
- Freight Forwarders Bangalore
- Delhi Freight Forwarders
- Shipments – Freight Forwarding Services for India-US Imports and Exports
- Calculating Chargeable Weight for Air Freight Shipments
- Freight forwarders in Mumbai, India
- Logistics Service Provider in India
- Transportation and Logistics
- Krishnapatnam port to compete with Chennai and Ennore for car exports
Container throughput remains flat at major ports:-
Container throughput at India’s major ports inched up 1.83 per cent year over year in the first eight fiscal months as sluggish global demand dragged down volume growth. Volumes during April to November totaled 5.4 million teu, up from 5.3 million teu a year earlier, Traffic via JNPT was essentially on par with last year at 2.97 million teu. Of this Gateway terminals India handled 1.22 million teu down 6.7 % from 1.31 million teus during April to November 2014. DP World’s Nhava Sheva international Container saw volume fall 5.6 percent from 765144 teu a year earlier to 722219 teu while Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway terminal, racked up 89281 teu in the same period.
Traffic at Chennai was also flat year over year at 1.05 million teus in the eight month period.
During April to November other major public ports reported container volumes as follows:- Kolkata up 2.4 percent from 421000 teu to 431000 teu. Cochin via DP world operated Vallarpadam International Transshipment Terminal up 8.5 percent from 249000 to 270000 teu and Visakhapatnam up 9 percent from 169000 teu to 184000 teu.