- Your Indian freight and logistics partner
- Moving your project cargo in India
- Freight Forwarders Bangalore
- Delhi Freight Forwarders
- Shipments – Freight Forwarding Services for India-US Imports and Exports
- Calculating Chargeable Weight for Air Freight Shipments
- Freight forwarders in Mumbai, India
- Logistics Service Provider in India
- Transportation and Logistics
- Krishnapatnam port to compete with Chennai and Ennore for car exports
Handling of dangerous goods shipment in India
Dangerous goods (DG cargo or Haz cargo) are materials in solid, liquid or gaseous form that can harm people or the environment. They are subject to standard chemical regulations. These Hazardous materials are generally described as HAZMAT. Dangerous materials include explosives, flammable items, radioactive substances, toxic, corrosive liquids etc.
THE 9 CLASSES OF DANGEROUS GOODS
The transportation of dangerous goods is controlled and governed by a variety of different regulatory regimes, operating at both the national and international levels.
Regulatory frameworks incorporate comprehensive classification systems of hazards to provide a classification of dangerous goods. Classification of dangerous goods is broken down into nine classes according to the type of danger materials or items present,
Class 1: Explosives
Class 2: Gases
Class 3: Flammable Liquids
Class 4: Flammable Solids
Class 5: Oxidizing Substances
Class 6: Toxic & Infectious Substances
Class 7: Radioactive Material
Class 8: Corrosives
Class 9: Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods
APT Logistics specializes in shipping these dangerous goods that many other forwarders won’t be able to handle.
Our team of specialized professionals who have worked within the dangerous goods freight industry for established airlines and shipping lines.
For Further details, contact:
TEL:- 0091-22-28725666 / 28763538