- Your Indian freight and logistics partner
- Moving your project cargo in India
- Freight Forwarders Bangalore
- Delhi Freight Forwarders
- Shipments – Freight Forwarding Services for India-US Imports and Exports
- Calculating Chargeable Weight for Air Freight Shipments
- Freight forwarders in Mumbai, India
- Logistics Service Provider in India
- Transportation and Logistics
- Krishnapatnam port to compete with Chennai and Ennore for car exports
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
Nhava Sheva port or Jawaharlal Nehru port Trust is the largest port in India. The port was created to relieve pressure on Mumbai Old port. It also enabled importers to avoid octroi tax which is levied on cargo entering Mumbai city by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai.
Nhava Sheva has two terminals JNPT Container terminals and NSICT. It handles cargo from / to Maharashtra, MP, Gujarat, Karnataka and most of north India.
JN Port entered into a license agreement in July 1997 with M/s. Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal (NSICT) a consortium led by M/s. P & O Ports, Australia, for construction, operation and management of a new 2-berth container terminal on BOT basis for period of 30 years. The same was fully operational from July 2000. The project comprises construction of 600 meters quay length; reclamation of 20 hectares of area for container yards and requisite container handling equipment along with other related facilities. The design capacity of this new 2-berth container Terminal was considered as 7.2 million tonnes per year. However, this capacity is further augmented and currently assessed as 15.6 million tonnes per year.